Sunday, September 13, 2009

.: Artist Inspiration:.

The following are some artists that I really enjoy and draw inspiration from. Despite the numbers they are in no particular order, its just to hard to pick favorites.

1. Andy Warhol

I'm a complete sell out for liking Andy Warhol. But his bright colors, odd subject matters, and high contrast is just lovable. I dont know his paintings always seem to evoke happiness which I'm always cool with.

2. Annie Leibovitz

"White Stripes" 2003



Annie Leibovitz is a portrait photographer for Vanity Fair and the Rolling stones. I really enjoy how she connects and tells stories unique to her subect. She was also the last person to photograph John Lennon alive.



3. David Muench


"Cypress Swamp"



David Muench takes some of the most beautiful landscape photo's I have ever seen. He's pretty darn good at keeping them all copy write protected so this google image doesn't give him justice. Breathe taking color and beauty in unpredictable landscapes. He makes me want to travel!





4. Sister Corita Kent


"In Touch" 1969


Corita is possibly the coolest nun to ever live. In the 60's and 70's She created these amazing pop art pieces but each one has a special lesson dealing with christianity or equality. I really think how she took something so fresh and incorporated religion into it.







5. Jim Dine

"Study for this Sovereign Life" 1985


Jim Dine's oil paintings and charcoal drawings have a this very heavy and sketchy feel to them. He draws a lot of hearts and his art often reminds me of doodling in a notebook that he's gone over and over again and again make really dark heavy marks. I think his art inspires me that simplicity and contrast can go a really long way and that realism sometimes is overrated.














No comments:

Post a Comment